11.21.2011

CTN Animation Expo 2011

CTN Animation Expo 2011

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

It's not everyday that you get to see, have access to, and visit with some of the greatest artists in the comic book and animation industry. It is a dream come true! So How did I get this wonderful opportunity? The direct answer is by taking a shot.

Back on September 27, 2011, I attended a special lecture held by Animation Nation. I invited a few friends with me and together listened to an industry veteran speak for a few hours to a crowd of over 200 other aspiring animators. Afterward, most of the attendees rushed the stage to ask for autographs.

The next day I e-mailed the speaker inviting him to a cup of coffee so I could ask him questions that time did not allow the night before. He responded and accepted. This started a chain of events that not only created a new friendship, but ultimately provided me the opportunity to partner with him on a special project, and be his special guest at this year's CTN Animation Expo. With heartfelt gratitude may I say, "Thank You."

No comments: