6.16.2011

Magical Memories

In the summer of 1988 my family embarked on a road trip around the United States to see as many landmarks as possible in a 1 month period. Little did I know what I would find on this journey. At 13 years old I already had a fondness of animation, but it was at the newly constructed Disney MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida that I knew what I wanted to do.

One attraction at this park is called The Magic of Disney Animation. At the time you were able to watch real Disney Animators at work from behind a glass curtain after viewing a short movie on the process of creating an animated movie. Once I stepped in, it was a slice of heaven for this young artist with a love for cartoons.


Disney Animation Paper Circa 1988

The picture above is of the actual case of Disney Animator's Drawing Paper that I purchased on that special trip in 1988. I found this paper tucked away in a file cabinet containing some of my old artwork. The caption on the right states, "Animator's Drawing Paper- 50 sheets specially made to Disney Animation specifications. Created exclusively for the Animation Gallery."

No comments: